Rivalry in the Smartphone market has always known to be between Apple and Samsung, but when it comes to Tablets, it’s a different story.
Many popular brands have come up with affordable tablets in the past few years, many of them using Android but have not yet set standards with the almighty Windows & iOS.
Today everything changes. Tablets are becoming more and more like personal PC’s with the introduction of Hybrid laptops (otherwise known as Laptops that are convertible into Tablets)
Microsoft have launched the new Surface Pro 4, which is their fourth generation tablet to entice people to move from their laptops. Hence their motto “The tablet that can replace your laptop.”
Apple on their side have answered to this with an all new product to their Tablet line up. The iPad Pro destined more for Business purposes/ Work use.
Surface Pro 4
- 128 GB / Intel Core m3 – 4GB of RAM starting at 999.99€
- 128 GB / Intel Core i5 – 4 GB of RAM at 1099.99€
- 256 GB / Intel Core i5 – 8 GB of RAM at 1449.00€
- 256 GB / Intel Core i7 – 8 GB of RAM at 1799.99€
- 256 GB / Intel Core i7 – 16 GB of RAM at 1999.00€
- 512 GB / Intel Core i7 – 16 GB of RAM at 2449.99€
iPad Pro (for all 3 colours – Silver, Gold & Space Grey)
- 32 GB with Wifi starting at 919€
- 128 GB with Wifi at 1099.00€
- 28 GB with Wifi + Cellular at 1249.00€
It is apparent that Microsoft have come up with 6 different versions of the Surface Pro 4 whereas Apple have only 3.
Now let’s have a look at the common models of both brands in terms of pricing and how they are positioned by each retailers:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Ref: CR500004) 128 GB / Intel Core i5 – 4 GB of RAM at 1099.99€
- Appel iPad Pro (Ref: ML0N2) 128 GB with Wifi at 1099.00€
We have selected 5 websites for this comparison and at a glance we see that Boulanger.fr is charging at -5.26% compared to the initial price set by Microsoft at 1099.99€ for the Surface Pro 4.
On the contrary for the iPad Pro, Fnac & Rue du Commerce are slightly over priced at 1099.99€ which is an increase of +0.09% whereas LDLC is slightly under priced at 1094.95€, a -0.37% from the initial price set by Apple at 1099.00€.
With Price-Veille, be sure to find out how the introduction of the Surface Pro 4 & iPad Pro will affect this market and how each Retailers will compete to set their prices.
This can be viewed on the screen capture below:
Last but not least, here is a little guided video published by Microsoft & Apple showcasing the functionalities of both products:
Surface Pro 4