We are a few hours away from the impatiently awaited iPhone from California’s hottest tech company, Apple.
With the release of their current Flagship phones, the 6s & 6s Plus in Sept 2015 and the 5SE in March 2016, it is now time for Apple to unveil what they have in stores for us.
With all rumours circulating over the Internet, the new phones to be announced are the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus.
Here are some of the features to be expected from them:
- Headphone jack?
As you may have heard, Apple will not include the 3.5mm headphone jack adapter. These new phones will be equipped with EarPod headphones with a Lightning connector in the box alongside a Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter.
- Camera – A dual-lens camera system with a wide-angle camera and a telephoto camera, both with 12-megapixel sensors.
- 5 colour options – Space Grey will be replaced by “Dark Black”. A separate colour will also be made with a glossy finish called “Piano Black”.
Other existing colours such as Silver, Rose Gold and Gold will remain.
- Storage – The standard model base will be equipped with a 32GB joined by 128GB and 256GB variants.
- Waterproof resistance?
The new phone will feature IPX7 water resistance on par with the Apple Watch. We will see if this is finally true!
- RAM Efficiency – 3GB of RAM is to be announced for the iPhone 7 Plus to aid the performance of its dual-lens camera. On the other hand, the smaller version will stay at 2GB.
- Processor – Apple’s new A10 processor will be upgraded from 1.85GHz to around 2.45GHz.
Don’t worry, if you are happy with your current iPhone and only interested in the other updates Apple has to offer, they will certainly present an upgrade to their Apple Watch, as well as their other products and of course a new iOS.
To find out more all about this, head over to Apple’s website and tune in at 10am PDT, 6pm if you are watching in from the UK, or 7pm from France. All will be showcased on their live event tonight, on Apples website.